All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Brutalgamerlogo

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rye
AAG ROOKIE
Rye

AAG Poster Points : 8

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360   Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Red Dead Redemption Review By Killer57/Rye

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Eq5RedDeadRedCll
The game puts the player in the shoes of John Marston, A former outlaw and gang member who has turned himself over to a life of peace. But things don’t go according to plan when the U.S Government Kidnaps John’s Wife And Son, Forcing John to travel Across the Old West and across the border into Mexico, Hunting Down John’s Former Gang Members. Ultimately it’s a tale of Violence, Betrayal , The Government Bringing Civilization and Order to the land and one man’s personal quest for Redemption.

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Rdr02

GAMEPLAY

If you have Played any Gta Game, Most notably Gta 4. Then RDR will feel fairly similar to you, the game house’s an open world sandbox setting that is very similar to Gta, but that’s not to say the game is GTA:HORSE EDITION This very much feels like its own game. For the most part, RDR follows a linear story, but at certain points in the game it allows you to kill certain people or let them free a feature that was seen in Gta 4 but in RDR it is used much better in the game.

You will be shooting, racing horses, saving damsels in distress. Pretty much anything you can think of is in the game. Want to rob a store? Wanna go hunt some animals and sell their fur for some extra cash? Rockstar have you covered. A lot of time (approx. 5 years) and money (approx. 80 to 100 Million dollars) Have gone into this game and it defiantly shows. My only complaint about the story would be that about halfway through. John ventures into Mexico and while a beautiful setting it is, the games missions seem to fall into the go here kill person return to mission giver and repeat process that plagued most of Gta IV. Though the rest of the game is a lot better this is only a minor disappointment. The game features a cover system similar to Gta IV’s but Revamped allowing you to snap to cover and that press of a button allowing you to take cover behind virtually anything in the game world and take pot shots or blind fire to take down waves of enemies. It works really well here and my only complaint is that it might feel a bit stiff to some people but overall not really an issue. The weapon system is a rather basic one, but it gets the job done.

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Reddeadredemptionnewscr

At the press of a button the game brings up a weapon wheel allowing you to scroll to your weapon of choice. There are the usual category’s such as pistol’s shotguns Rifles and side weapons such as the lasso for tying up enemy’s projectile weapons such as Molotov’s Throwing knifes, Dynamite sticks and the knife for skinning dead animals. Overall I found the shooting very robust and enjoyable. Also noting that the game runs of the Euphoria Physics Engine that was used in Gta IV, Watching bodies ragdoll to there death is quite realistic and if your evil burning enemy’s alive can be quite satisfying.

The game features a plethora of side quests and strangers missions to keep the player working hard for that 100% completion. This involves bounty contracts, Hunting a wide variety of animals, Poker games, Horse Shoes, Horse Racing, western stand off’s and shootouts just to name a few. Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer mode features the whole single player world as a hub for creating public games and starting private games. Most of what is in singleplayer is possible in multiplayer for a group of friends to band together and form a “posse” to tackle gang hideouts and and wage war on other peoples gangs. Multiplayer has the usual modes such as team deathmatch, free for all and gang shootouts. You can also play cooperative with your friends which is a nice touch. Overall the multiplayer is enjoyable but its not perfected yet.

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Reddeadredemption

GRAPHICS

Red Dead Redemption Runs on Rockstar games in-house Game Engine titled “RAGE” previously used in Gta 4. Visually Rockstar San Diego Have nailed the look and Atmosphere of the old west, Everything from Cacti and Tumbleweed surround the the games fairly large map. Towns are filled with saloons with piano players playing ol’ time fashioned tunes. The scope of the world is amazing filled with pockets of light during sunsets and sunrises and looking out onto cayons really feels to scale. Often at times were you go away from the controller or leave it alone the game kicks into several cinematic views of the old west which can be visually gorgeous. As the case with GTA IV open world games aren’t about making the biggest map anymore, but putting as much detail and attention into that map as possible, And that certainly shows here. The horses look amazing and the environment is top notch. While some of the character models can look a bit rough around the edges and there will be the odd graphical glitch here and there such as NPC’s not responding and characters clipping through the world apparent on both platforms but the game is still visually impressive top stuff!.

SOUND

I can not praise the sound enough, a lot of effort has gone into development for the sound and it doesn’t disappoint. The sounds of the guns sound extremely lifelike and like other Rockstar titles the Voice acting is top notch. The game will put out chilling tunes for roaming the west on a lone horse at night to engaging beats during heated firefights. The soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard for a video game and along with the graphics, makes for a truly atmospheric game. I thing I extremely liked about the games sound was the fact that that after some missions the game plays songs straight from the soundtrack that have been exclusively recorded for rockstars game, I won’t spoil anything but just keep in mind that it’s a treat to listen to the games wonderful soundtrack

CONCLUSION

A lot of effort, time and money has been put into Red Dead Redemption. Through it’s rocky 5 year and costly development Rockstar San Diego have put a lot of love into this game. I would personally recommended it to anyone touting it as one of the best games I have ever played. The games mechanics feel very nice and the story line tells johns story about his past, his present and his future very emotionally. No other game had evoked such emotion in me to the day I played Red Dead Redemption The game eventually leads up to the game’s climactic but enjoyable ending.

MY SCORE:
10/10 Highly Recommended

PROS:
+ Engaging Storyline
+ Gorgeous Soundtrack
+ Immersive Atmosphere

CONS:
- Game Drops of Slightly Half way through(Mexico)
- Some minor graphical bugs

thanks for reading
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360   Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Nice review mate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360   Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:23 am

i thought i was tripping because im sure he put this review up then took it down lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360   Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemtion Review PS3/Xbox360
Page 1 of 1