All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Brutalgamerlogo

My Movie Recommendations

Go down 
+2
Darth Rahu
PAG/ GroundRex
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:14 am

This movie was advertised in the Austrralian Xbox 360 mag and it got rated i think it was 7 or 8 out of 10 by them.
Harry brown is an english movie about the modern teenage crews in a really run down town in England.

"An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice. "

It stars Michael Caine and Emily Mortimer the chick from the new Pink Panther movie.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Harry-brown-poster-1
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:12 am

Awesome movie. Michael Cain is great, and the film really portrays English ghetto life well. Gotta feel sorry for the rest of the people that live in places like this though, cant be a fun life.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 am

got my V for vendetta comic today issue 1. Will let you know how it is. But i can say that its probably one of the longest comics ive seen. Not including mega comics.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 am

Laxman wrote:
Shit yeah man, Black Death was sweet! By the way of your first 2 movies here, you seem to like the whole medieval/ancient times stuff, which is sweet. So for you, I recommend Soloman Kane. Based on a comic book, this is a pretty sweet, surprisingly brutal and well acted movie. Its about a man (Soloman, to be exact), who owes his soul to the devil. He flees Death and makes a peacful life (as opposed to his previous, rape and pilage lifestyle) as a holy man. But when England is threatened by the Devils forces and a mysterious sorcerer, he must once again pick up sword and gun and take on the bad mofo's. Its quite new, and also unfairly unknown. Stunning on Blu-ray. Oh, but for you, thats a 7gig download, so you might have to settle with second best (dvdRip) ; )

I downloaded Soloman Kane as you suggested. It is a pretty good movie. I enjoyed almost every moment of it apart from the last battle i have to be honest. The fight with his brother is good but that huge daemon was useless really. All hge had to do was dodge it like twice then shoot the dude in the head and that was it. Seemed a bit easy to me. This movie would make a good game by the way.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 am

I have to agree on Harry Brown, it was very good, and I loved Michael Caine's performance in it. Also, it's probably the source of the most flexible "meme" able line I've heard in the genre. "you failed to maintain your weapon, son." lol
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:18 am

This movie is one that would mean a lot more to Americans then it would to the rest of the world. But in its own way 9/11 did affect the world.
This is one of Adams Sandlers more serious roles. This movie does have a tiny bit of humor in it but its more of a sad movie.

"A man who lost his family in the September 11 attack on New York City runs into his old college roommate. Rekindling the friendship is the one thing that appears able to help the man recover from his grief."

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Reign%20over%20me
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 am

To be honest i am about 3 quarters through this movie and i am watching it as i am typing this.
Salt is a movie i have tried to download 3 times now. The first 2 times the movie didnt work but i found a good copy and yay me because its a pretty good movie. Angelina jolie can make anything look good though.

"A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy"
It got rated a pretty decent score of 6.5 out of 10 from IMDB and its users.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Salt_movie-2010
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:01 pm

I didn't know about Reign Over Me, or the fact that Adam Sandler could do serious. Salt I'm not exactly weary of seeing.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Quick question, is Thor going to show in Australia, and is anybody here going to go see it?
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:48 am

kriss wrote:
Quick question, is Thor going to show in Australia, and is anybody here going to go see it?

Yes to both!

Movie looks great, and I think putting a relatively unknown actor (Hemsworth) in the title role was a good move. Much like the upcoming Conan The Barbarian movie.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:12 am

Yes it is a good move. Sometimes when they use a star from another great movie, I keep thinking "What's _____ doing here?" or the movies blur together (which gets a bit hilarious with Vin Diesel's movies). For example in the TV series Stargate: Atlantis, a group of semi-antagonists called the Jannai are lead by a man named Herrand, but every time I see him I can't help but think "Holy Crap, Chief O'Brian from Startreck has gone evil!" He was also a police officer....a police CHIEF in the rather overrated movie Law Abiding Citizen.

Anyway back to the movie, they seem to be going with 'Clark's Law' and I've got to say....I'm disappointed. Thor is supposed to be a mystical immortal entity from another realm of existence connected to Earth by a literal bridge made out of rainbows. He's a full blown Norse God in the comics, and before anyone notes the 'religious conflicts' such thing can spark, please note that Norse Gods aren't the only Gods in Marvel comics. Other represented Gods/Faiths in addition to Thor/Norse are Hercules/Greco-Roman, Amaterasu/Shinto. Set/Pharaonic, Bel/Mesopotamian, Henok/Mayan, Quatzequatel/Aztec, and recently there was literally a war recently in the Judeo-Christian Heaven, and Jesus himself has made several appearances in the comics. Apparently 'God' in the Marvel universe means a being of great mystical might and agelessness who are usually from a dimension that is connected to Earth. None of the Gods in Marvel ever claim to have actually made the universe, created humanity, or even shaped the Earth. It is generally excepted that they have however had massive effects on the course of the world and that their legendary battles with ancient monsters and the like are true. Note that Gods can and do die in Marvel.

So yeah, while going with 'Clark's Law' enables you to get around the naysayers of magic, it's a betrayal of those who are fans of Marvel's stable of mystical heroes. If you really want to get around the whole 'God' thing, have a throwaway line in there that the title was bestowed upon them by mortals, and they never actually claimed to be as such.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 am

Been a while since i recommended a movie to yall.

This one would be in my top 5 movies of all time behind shawshank and v for vendetta.
Leon The Professional.
This movie is border line inappropriate because it goes into a close relationship between like a 12 year old and a pretty old man.
Its about an assassin who takes in a young girl and teaches her the trick of the trade.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 600full-leon%3A-the-professional-poster
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:09 am

Most recent movie I saw was Natural Born Killers which was done in 1994 or something, it's a really artistical approach of a movie by Oliver Stone about how humans are naturally murderers, backstabbers, liars etc. Very good movie glad my ex recommended it to me thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:20 am

Ulturas wrote:
Most recent movie I saw was Natural Born Killers which was done in 1994 or something, it's a really artistical approach of a movie by Oliver Stone about how humans are naturally murderers, backstabbers, liars etc. Very good movie glad my ex recommended it to me thoroughly enjoyed it.
After seeing your recommendation with your Brock Samson avatar, I lol'd.

Let's see what can I put here for recommendation? I got it! If you like old Samurai movies, I got one for you

Shogun Assassin!!

It's cheesy on top of 80s era cheese and it only comes in an english dub, but the fights are great!
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:24 am

Darth Rahu wrote:
Ulturas wrote:
After seeing your recommendation with your Brock Samson avatar, I lol'd.

Let's see what can I put here for recommendation? I got it! If you like old Samurai movies, I got one for you

Shogun Assassin!!

It's cheesy on top of 80s era cheese and it only comes in an english dub, but the fights are great!

Haha it's very befitting Razz "license to kill". Venture Bros is awesome though on a side note Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:09 am

Been a while since i put a movie up here.
I first sore this movie like a month after it came up but was only able to watch half of it since i wasnt really in the mood for a Jim Carey movie.
But last week a friend lent me the movie ans u have now fully watched it twice.
The movie i am talking about it........ YES MAN!

Personally this movie has givin me a better out look on life and i have said yes to many things i wouldent usually of said yes to and now im busy as hell doing things. So busy that i barely have time to review games.

Its basically about a guy who doesnt really have much of a life. And instead of saying yes he always says no. Then 1 day he goes to a YES meeting and becomes a YES man which then changes his life.

Good movie. Some nice laughs. Serious moments as well.
I do love a good Jim Carey movie and this movie does deserve a good score.
So i think around 7 out of 10 is fair.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Yesman
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:53 am

keeping in the Jim Carey area of movies ive decided to post about one of my favorite movies of all time. Its called Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

This is more of a drama then anything else and is actually quite a sad movie.
"A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with. "

I rate this movie a solid 8/10. Jim Carey is amazing in this role. He plays a serious role very well.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 51Z1GEGP4JL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:01 am

This movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio who in my opinion is one of the best actors of all time. Personally i dont think he has ever been in a bad movie.

If you are after a mysterious kind of scary movie then this is a great one.

SHUTTER ISLAND!

Storyline

It's 1954, and up-and-coming U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels is assigned to investigate the disappearance of a patient from Boston's Shutter Island Ashecliffe Hospital. He's been pushing for an assignment on the island for personal reasons, but before long he wonders whether he hasn't been brought there as part of a twisted plot by hospital doctors whose radical treatments range from unethical to illegal to downright sinister. Teddy's shrewd investigating skills soon provide a promising lead, but the hospital refuses him access to records he suspects would break the case wide open. As a hurricane cuts off communication with the mainland, more dangerous criminals "escape" in the confusion, and the puzzling, improbable clues multiply, Teddy begins to doubt everything - his memory, his partner, even his own sanity.

I rate this movie a 8.5 out of 10 AT LEAST.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Shutter-island-b
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:12 am

This movie is based on a true story.
Its about a mountain climber who gets his arm caught under a rock. And he is stuck there for 127 hours and the only way to free himself is to cut his arm off.

It stars James Franco and id rate it a 7.5 out of 10.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 127-Hours-Review
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

We should make a TV series thread as well lot of good shows out right now, Game Of Thrones being my current favourite.

But yea I don't know how to insert pictures but the latest movie I saw was Let Me In with the girl from Kick-Ass as one of the protagonists. It's about a boy who gets picked on at school who befriends a vampire (girl from Kick-Ass), very hard to explain the story without giving too much away unfortunately. Definitely recommend it, it's a really good movie and I'd say easily an 8/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Ulturas wrote:
We should make a TV series thread as well lot of good shows out right now, Game Of Thrones being my current favourite.

But yea I don't know how to insert pictures but the latest movie I saw was Let Me In with the girl from Kick-Ass as one of the protagonists. It's about a boy who gets picked on at school who befriends a vampire (girl from Kick-Ass), very hard to explain the story without giving too much away unfortunately. Definitely recommend it, it's a really good movie and I'd say easily an 8/10 from me.

Yes! I absolutely loved this movie! Chloe from Kick-Ass is great as the vampire girl. And I must say, while the story sounds like the common Vampire emotional/friendly love story like they are becoming, it is far from it. Very gruesome, very awesome.

And im not one of those people that thinks only the originals are good and all that, as I respect artistic direction and individuals takes on same stories, but the original foreign film (only 2 or 3 years old) is even better than this one. The girl is much creepier, they really down toned the gore she is involved in for Amercian audiences, but netherless, its all fantastic. I give both movies 9/10. Best horror movies from the last decade in my opinion (and I take pride in my knowledge of horror films!).
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 am

Laxman wrote:
Ulturas wrote:

Yes! I absolutely loved this movie! Chloe from Kick-Ass is great as the vampire girl. And I must say, while the story sounds like the common Vampire emotional/friendly love story like they are becoming, it is far from it. Very gruesome, very awesome.

And im not one of those people that thinks only the originals are good and all that, as I respect artistic direction and individuals takes on same stories, but the original foreign film (only 2 or 3 years old) is even better than this one. The girl is much creepier, they really down toned the gore she is involved in for Amercian audiences, but netherless, its all fantastic. I give both movies 9/10. Best horror movies from the last decade in my opinion (and I take pride in my knowledge of horror films!).

Out of curiosity is the original version in English? Just recently some interesting movies I've found haven't been in English and like I really don't have enough concentration to read what they're saying and focus on what's happening in the movie as well lol (I can do it sometimes but yea just annoying when you watch a movie just before you go to bed Razz).
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 am

Here is a link to a thread that i made on how to put pictures intro threads.

http://www.allagegamingforum.com/t250-how-to-add-a-picture-to-a-post#1389

I would suggest you use the second way i explain further into the thread but they are both useful to know.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:01 am

Haha yeah I know what you mean about trying to watch a movie with subs while in bed or trying to sleep, cant do it.

But yeah the original isnt in English. I think its from Norway.

That said, there is another amazing Norwegan (sp?) film that anyone who doesnt mind subtitles should watch. Troll Hunter. Its filmed in a Documentary-type way about these people who hunt trolls (duh!), like real trolls (real in the movie, not in real life...), not John Cryer-type trolls. Its pretty creepy and very suspensful.

There is an english remake in the works, set for a 2015 release (I think its going be a huge summer-blockbuster type movie), but this one is good for a really low budget kind of film.

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Troll_hunter_poster
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Lets say this movie takes place around the same time as Fallout 3. But with no Mutants and less food.

This movie stars Viggo Mortensen aka aragon Razz and is about a man and his son trying to survive post-apocalyptic world. It may be a little slow and doesnt have to much action but it is a very interesting movie and has you thinking about what you would do in the circumstances which is always fun.

(best way to find a torrent is to type in "The Road 2009")

My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 The-road-poster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Movie Recommendations   My Movie Recommendations - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Movie Recommendations
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next