All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Tv Recommendations AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Tv Recommendations Brutalgamerlogo

Tv Recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

AAG Poster Points : 45

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am

Following the trend of Victor's other thread I thought I'd start a TV recommendation thread, there's a lot of overlooked TV series so yea just thought I'd see what recommendations people come up with.

Anyway my first TV Series recommendation is Dark Angel which is created by James Cameron, who most of you guys know made Avatar.

Tv Recommendations Darkangelcompleteseries

This basically follows the path of a genetically enhanced super soldier (Jessica Alba) and her journey through life on the run from a secret Government Agency that designed her. It's a very action packed TV series and imo Jessica Alba is a very brilliant and talented actor (plus also extremely hot) in this series I believe it also got her a leg up in the movie industry. Some other notable characters people will recognize is Michael Weatherly, who players Detective Denozo on NCIS, Jensen Ackles who plays Dean in Supernatural and Kevin Durand, who appears in many various movies.

All the acting is very top notch and the storyline keeps you wanting more and more although it only had 2 Seasons I highly recommend this TV show and I give this a very generous 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Woah, I never knew Jessica Alba was in this show... I think I might have to watch it now tongue

I recommend Commuity. Its probably the funniest TV show ive seen in a while, and I watch a lot of TV (the good shit from America that is, not the rubbish that clogs up our sets every night). Its about a mismatched group of wierdos in a Community College (pretty much a college for poor people), and the adventures they get up to on a day to day basis. Its full of pop-culture references and a lot of jokes that only movie-geeks will get.

Tv Recommendations Community

Oh, and its got Chevy Chase in his funniest role since the 80's!

Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:00 am

Is there much bikini in that show? Razz

Also if i cant be bothered writing a huge thing about it but anyone who has NOT seen Death Note should stop everything right now and go watch it. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 am

PAG/ GroundRex wrote:
Is there much bikini in that show? Razz

Also if i cant be bothered writing a huge thing about it but anyone who has NOT seen Death Note should stop everything right now and go watch it. Seriously.

Haha not very much unfortunately, there's a lot of moments where Jessica is wearing some pretty revealing clothing but that's about it.

But yea I've seen Community before wasn't too bad it's good to see Chevy Chase is still doing Comedy when he's at least over 60 now (I believe?).
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Next on my list of awesome TV shows has gotta be Spartacus: Blood and Sand and of course Gods of The Arena both series were phenomenal, the story breakdown of both series is basically what it was like to be a gladiator in the times where Rome was basically the center of the world. There's corruption, backstabbing, sex, violence, great acting, honestly what more could you ask for in a TV series? I give this series a 9/10 easily one of my favourites.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442449/ - Blood and Sand
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758429/ - Gods Of The Arena

Tv Recommendations Spartacus-blood-and-sand-poster
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Ulturas wrote:
Next on my list of awesome TV shows has gotta be Spartacus: Blood and Sand and of course Gods of The Arena both series were phenomenal, the story breakdown of both series is basically what it was like to be a gladiator in the times where Rome was basically the center of the world. There's corruption, backstabbing, sex, violence, great acting, honestly what more could you ask for in a TV series? I give this series a 9/10 easily one of my favourites.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442449/ - Blood and Sand
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758429/ - Gods Of The Arena

Tv Recommendations Spartacus-blood-and-sand-poster

I have seen a few of both of these. I did enjoy them a lot but its not the kind of thing i could sit there for hours watching like dexter.

Very cool show though and it gave me a good insight to how things were back then.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 am

Spartacus Blood and Sand and Spartacus Arena of the Gods freaking rocked.
Dexter too, freaking rocks!

I watch very limited shows......Game of Thrones....Now that show is awesome and follows the books so cloesely it is unbelievable.
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

A must!

Ed: Let me know if the direct link is a "no no".
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 am

wyldcat34 wrote:

I watch very limited shows......Game of Thrones....Now that show is awesome and follows the books so cloesely it is unbelievable.

A must!

Haha Game of Thrones was definitely going to be my next addition! Lol. But ah well my next pick is The Inbetweeners.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220617/

Tv Recommendations Inbetweeners

For those wanting to know this is basically about High School kids who are basically inbetween cool and losers hence the title and they're basically trying to get higher in the social ladder. It's definitely for a more mature audience that's for sure kinda like Skins in a way, but it's definitely British humour at it's finest. It's absolutely hilarious the antics these guys get up to so I'd definitely recommend this and I give it a solid 8/10.

Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 am

Ill admit i have watched about 6 episodes of the inbetweeners. It is a funny show and i enjoyed them but there was something that really pissed me off about this show. NO GROUP of people are that fucking dumb, its like one of those things when u get angry at the screen and yell AS IF THEY WOULD DO THAT! like in a horror movie Razz
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 am

wyldcat34 wrote:

A must!

I just watched Game Of Thrones because of your recommendation.

Its pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
wyldcat34
AAG ROOKIE
wyldcat34

AAG Poster Points : 50

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:09 am

Yeh, its awesome - however that said, after discussions with friends, I now relise that it also seems so epic to me because of how true the the books it is, that unfortunately will not pass onto people who have not read the books, and in turn can seem quite confusing due to the nature of pushing 5 novels (partial parts) into 1 season.

BUt it still rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 am

i recently started watching Deadwood. It goes right into my top 10. Good balance of violence, nudity, humor, sadness and it really takes you back to the time that its based in (1890's i think not 100% sure)

There are 3 seasons, the characters are great some of the best and the world is so good that you could honestly start the show again with a whole new cast. (as long as they were badass)
Back to top Go down
Ulturas
AAG ROOKIE
Ulturas

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 am

PAG/ GroundRex wrote:
i recently started watching Deadwood. It goes right into my top 10. Good balance of violence, nudity, humor, sadness and it really takes you back to the time that its based in (1890's i think not 100% sure)

There are 3 seasons, the characters are great some of the best and the world is so good that you could honestly start the show again with a whole new cast. (as long as they were badass)

Yea I've actually been meaning to check Deadwood out I've heard it's really good that's just confirming it for me Very Happy cheers man!

My pick for this time I haven't posted in a while because I haven't watched anything recently besides the first Season of Breaking Bad.

Tv Recommendations Breaking-Bad-breaking-bad-11163599-1024-768

It's basically a tale of a guy who suffers incurable Lung Cancer and basically wants to leave his family with enough money to live on for the rest of their lives, he does so by cooking Meth Amphetamines with a former student who dropped out of school to become a druggy. It has a lot of incite to the drug world, heaps of violence, comedy you name it it's there I've only seen the first season but I'm absolutely loving it!

Solid 9/10!
Back to top Go down
PerfectionShaun
AAG ROOKIE

AAG Poster Points : 8

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 am

The new anime versions of Ironman and Wolverine start this weekend on the Sci-Fi channel. These look really good and have had plenty of promotion for it on Attack of the Show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tv Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tv Recommendations   Tv Recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tv Recommendations
Page 1 of 1