All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Back up device for PC AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Back up device for PC Brutalgamerlogo

Back up device for PC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

Back up device for PC Empty
PostSubject: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:33 am

Guys I am looking for something to back up my laptop. Basically I just want something that the wife can plug into one of the USB ports and it will backup all the photos and documents automatically so if something should happen to the laptop everything will be safe. Don't want to spend an absolute fortune maybe up to $150.

Anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 am

a new wife.
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:25 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
a new wife.

LOL, nice one Victor!

Anyway on a more serious note, you can get quite large external hard drives for around $100, so that's probably your best bet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 am

is it an old laptop? Because i have had a laptop for about 5 years now and it only has 30GB storage on it and i use it to store movies so if i want i can plug it into my tv and match the movie i downloaded. My point is ive never had an issue with any PC of mine just dieing and not being able to get my files off it etc. Cant hurt getting one just in case though
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:53 am

I am looking at one of the clickfree backup drives now. Just plug them in and they do it all. Exactly what I ma looking for and only about $150 for the 500gb one. Will link off to it when I get home.

http://www.clickfree.com/products_c2n.php

Last edited by Elphinkiller on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit: added the link)
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 am

If you have internet connection to your Laptop, try using Dell Datasafe Online. I dont know if it works only on Dell computers (thats what I use), but its a great program, one click automatically stores all your desiered files to an online safe which you can access and download from any other computer via a simple 'net logon.
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:35 am

I was thinking about an online solution but the sheer size put me off. Just the photos alone would be around the 15gb, that would take me forever to upload.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:44 am

Elphinkiller wrote:
I was thinking about an online solution but the sheer size put me off. Just the photos alone would be around the 15gb, that would take me forever to upload.

Whoa, 15 GB of photos!? Thats pretty crazy. Youre right, for online thats a bit much, but even to a harddrive that would take forever. I transfered 10 gibs of music from my old PC to a portable HDD and it took me over an hour. I dont know if it was the size or because it was so much but yeah, I couldnt imagine trying to upload that much.
Back to top Go down
Denikk
AAG ROOKIE
Denikk

AAG Poster Points : 51

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:59 am

I have no idea what you used to copy them but the new external hdd's have insane transfer speed..
With about 10 MB/s you can copy pretty much anything in no time...
Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 pm

15gb of photos is what having 3 kids will do. hence I cant lose them either otherwise my life wouldn't be worth living. I think I am going to get the one I linked to before as if I get a Mac next I can still use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back up device for PC   Back up device for PC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back up device for PC
Page 1 of 1