All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Brutalgamerlogo

Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?   Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:44 am

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else ever gets this problem...

Sometimes (more often than I would like!), when i turn off my 360 (both old one and new Slim one), the light goes off and the machine shuts down, but it seems like all the goodies on the inside keep running. It keeps making the sounds that the machine does when its on, and it keeps getting hotter. To stop it, I have to turn it back on, then off again. It is easy to fix I suppose, but its still shit that it does this. It once lasted a few hours before I realized it.

So yeah, does anyone else get this?

Back to top Go down
Elphinkiller
AAG ROOKIE
Elphinkiller

AAG Poster Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?   Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:59 am

Only if I am downloading something, because I have it set up to turn off after it finishes. Otherwise the longest I have heard it 'stay on' for is about 30 secs and that was the HD DVD player not the 360 itself. Probably not much help to you, sorry.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?   Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 am

If you have a controller or something plugged into the 360 it will continue to run. Like when my controller isnt fully charged it wont turn off unless i unplug it.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?   Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:16 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
If you have a controller or something plugged into the 360 it will continue to run. Like when my controller isnt fully charged it wont turn off unless i unplug it.

Ah, that would explain it! I pretty much always have a controller or my Mic charging. Thanks Vic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?   Xbox Shutdown/Keep running? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox Shutdown/Keep running?
Page 1 of 1