All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Brutalgamerlogo

I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Empty
PostSubject: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 am

In an interview Ubisoft had with JeuxVideo, they've announced that their survival action title, I Am Alive will be coming out this year, but only through digital distribution means like XBLA and PSN, maybe Steam. So, speculations?

The info came via the site Scrawl.

Here's the link
http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/i-am-alive-is-digital-only-will-release-this-year
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:06 am

Well I honestly think this is disapointing. Not just becuase I prefer having hard copies of my games, so I can lend them to friends and whatnot, but becuase the maximum size of an XBLA title is only 2GB... I dont think what this game has been promising for so many years is able to be delivered in 2 measly GBs. I could be wrong, but as it looks, if the game hopes to be what so many gamers like myself have been wanting it to be, then its going to need a fair much more space than that.

A standard Dual layer DVD has what, 8 GBs? And Blu-Ray has something like 90. So when certain games like Mass Effect have to use 2 DVD's, or Lost Odyssey, which uses 4 discs have to do it, how can this game be delivered to the hype and expected strandards that so many of us have for it with such a small amount of possible data?
Back to top Go down
Darth Rahu
AAG REGULAR
Darth Rahu

AAG Poster Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:08 pm

That I honestly didn't think about. Then again, a lot has been done with a little. We'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 am

as i already said and for some reason it didnt post.. this would make a good forum topic 1 day.
Back to top Go down
kriss
AAG ROOKIE
kriss

AAG Poster Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:11 am

Darth Rahu wrote:
That I honestly didn't think about. Then again, a lot has been done with a little. We'll have to wait and see.

True, I had more fun with Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Videogame (less than 1 gig) than I did with White Knight Chronicals (about 60 gigs) or Final Fantasy XIII (clocking in at about 72Gb). It's not the size of the game, it's what you do with it. In that regard, my Megaman 2 cartridge for the origional gameboy (way less than 1 gig) is a better game than Perfet World (10 gig instal), as I quit Perfect World after less than a week, but still play Megaman 2 to this day.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 am

kriss wrote:
Darth Rahu wrote:

True, I had more fun with Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Videogame (less than 1 gig) than I did with White Knight Chronicals (about 60 gigs) or Final Fantasy XIII (clocking in at about 72Gb). It's not the size of the game, it's what you do with it. In that regard, my Megaman 2 cartridge for the origional gameboy (way less than 1 gig) is a better game than Perfet World (10 gig instal), as I quit Perfect World after less than a week, but still play Megaman 2 to this day.

Yes, but the idea of Scott Pilgrim is to be like a classic game, like Megaman 2 was. Megaman was small becuase of the era in which it was developed and the style. Scott Pilgrim used recycled textures and was a 2D sidescroller. I Am Alive is being described as a survival action game with large environments and set pieces, which are trying to give you a sense of distress and beliveably represent what could happen to a real life city in this situation... This will be difficult to accomplish with 2GB.
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 am

Will be weird because the screen shots you see huge maps and lots of design. Ill probs get it on my ps3 now that i no its going to be an arcade game. But liek you no laxman ive been looking forward to this game for a long time now. They would of have to of cut out a lot i bet.
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:01 am

Yeah im in the same boat, ive been looking forward to this for years.

But it got completely scrapped at the start of last year and was to be redeveloped by another studio, so I guess they must have just wanted to whip up something quick, becuase that was after the first trailers and screenshots. Shame really, if it doesnt match what we expect, becasue it could have been something great.

Oh well, only time will tell what comes of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.   I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Am Alive is coming out this year, digitally.
Page 1 of 1