All Age Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.allagegaming.com - An independently owned Australian community console gaming website.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
All Age Gaming Website
Sponsors

AAG Social Network

All About Games Podcast

Castlevania 360 review AAG%20Podcast%20Logo%204

Affiliates

ALL AGE GAMING FRIENDS

Castlevania 360 review Brutalgamerlogo

Castlevania 360 review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

AAG Poster Points : 72

Castlevania 360 review Empty
PostSubject: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am

Surprised
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow review is now live.

Discuss

Castlevania 360 review Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-Gabriel-Meets-Pan-Gamescom-2010
Back to top Go down
Laxman
AAG STAR
Laxman

AAG Poster Points : 326

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 am

I'm only a few hours into the game, about half way through Chapter 2. But so far, im liking it very much! The detail is amazing. Only thing is, I feel like its a game that very hard to get right into. For instance, a game like Fallout or even Enslaved to a lesser extent, has me completely under its power once the story kicks off and I find it hard to put the controller down. This game has me hard-pressed to pick it up, despite how much I actually enjoy and respect the game.

Perhaps this will change when the plot thickens, and I hope I get some good playtime in before New Vegas and Fable 3, becuase god knows I wont have time for much else after that!
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:19 am

No doubt. I'm actually looking forward to Nov/Dec where I can relax with a few games I havn't had time to finish.
Curiously, Enslaved is really hitting the spot with fem gamers. I like the acting in it and all and the voice work, but I doesn't look as good as Castlevania is "too bright" with textures that are kinda pixelated.

To be honest, your not wrong. Castlevania is a very 'lonely' game despite Patrick Stuart and one thing that is at odds is he's always going on about how ANGRY Gabriel is or how DARK everything is, but Gabriel never really acts that angry and every other level is lovely brightly lit green grass and castles. But playing Enslaved after CV made me realize that I like the combat and action in that game better. So far I'm a bit over Enslaved prob because I played so many games like it when I was younger.
Castlevania is def broken up into smaller chunks, but they are both different sides of the same coin...

FYI - This post was in the review thread because it is a review, I would encourage everyone to post their reviews in there to generate public discussion and entice other people to write their own
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:55 am

i have played castlevania games since i was a kid on the NES.
So i am very interested in seeing what the new castlevania games are like.

Send it to me when your done =]

hehe
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 9:40 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
i have played castlevania games since i was a kid on the NES.
So i am very interested in seeing what the new castlevania games are like.

Send it to me when your done =]

hehe

Yer its blooming long game - at least 20hrs bounce
Back to top Go down
PAG/ GroundRex
AAG SUPERSTAR
PAG/ GroundRex

AAG Poster Points : 497

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:37 am

swap medal of honor for it ;]
Back to top Go down
Ian
AAG ROOKIE
Ian

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:38 am

PureAussieGamer wrote:
swap medal of honor for it ;]

Haha yer maybe in a few months. No interest in Medal of Honor though lol. Not a big shooter fan / : would otherwise play it on the PC or at LAN bounce
Back to top Go down
GO BAYS
Admin
GO BAYS

AAG Poster Points : 380

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Have this on PS3 and played through the first few hours of it and it is pretty good. It is not the scale that God of War 3 was, but it is a longer game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allagegaming.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania 360 review   Castlevania 360 review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania 360 review
Page 1 of 1